Enjoy winter sports for free in an accessible and enchanting location with a spectacular view of the Saint-Lawrence River. The Plains of Abraham provides 13.9 km of ski trails laid out for beginner, intermediate and expert cross-country skiers, a 3.8 km trail (round trip) for snowshoeing, and 6.7 km of walking trails.
Please use trails designed for your activity.
Please note that no additional grooming is planned for the 2021-22 season. See you next year!
See the winter map of the park for cross-country skiing, walking and snowshoeing trails
New: follow cross-country ski trail grooming in real-time on Web Nordic Pulse app. You will find information about trail status (open or closed), the last time they were groomed for skating and the last trackset for classic.
You can also call 418-648-4212 for updates on grooming status.
Grooming of the trails is done on a daily basis when meteorological conditions permit. Please note that precipitations of rain, snow and sleet can delay or prevent grooming as well as deteriorate trails already groomed. Depending on conditions, between five and ten hours of work are required to cover all the trails with the machinery.
Pentathlon des Neiges: During the event, which will take place from February 26 to March 13, some trails will not be accessible.
Trails 52, 53 and 54 will be closed at the following times:
- Saturday, February 26, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Sunday, February 27, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- Saturday, March 5, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Sunday March 6, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Trail 51 will be closed at the following times:
- Tuesday, March 1, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.;
- Wednesday, March 2, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Number of trails (marked and groomed):
- 5 classic trails, including 1 easy trail, 3 intermediate trails and 1 expert trail
- 3 ski skating trails, including 1 easy trail, intermediate trail and 1 expert trail
- 1 snowshoe trail
- Walking trails
Safety and prevention (418-648-4652): Officer on duty 24 hours a day and trail patrol by the Canadian Ski Patrol, depending on weather conditions.
Waxing room: Closed until further notice due to the current sanitary situation.
Equipment rental: At the skaters' chalet of the Plains of Abraham Skating Rink, according to the opening hours.
- Skis for adults (classical): $20 / 2 h
- Skis for children (classical): $12 / 2 h
- Snowshoes for adults: $10 / 2 h
- Snowshoes for children: $7 / 2 h
Code of Conduct for Nordic Skiers:
- Move in the specified direction and observe the signs
- Respect the skiing techniques for the trail you are using
- Keep to your left when passing other skiers
- Yield the way to more rapid skiers
- Respect the environment, avoid polluting or damaging trees and other elements
- Do not ski off the trails
- Do not block the trails or stop where you could prejudice other skiers
- Remain in control and control your movements
- Understand and accept the risks associated with this sport